When family comes into town we like to take them out exploring.
We visited a tiny little town East of Georgetown. Walburg, Texas is a tiny town east of Georgetown, Texas. This little town is famous for Walburg German Restaurant. It has been featured on the Travel Channel and The Food Network. Also, it has been revered as one of the best German restaurants in Texas.
Map to Walburg, Texas[googlemaps https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d3429.3970055085006!2d-97.5899426852625!3d30.735347981636302!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x86452647170d83e3%3A0xba92e8b7a06e9a82!2sWalburg+German+Restaurant!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1476152649418&w=600&h=450]
Top Tips For Visiting Walburg German Restaurant
1. Bring your appetite. – If you go for the buffet you will get a good heaping of German-America food like Schweinebraten, Sauerbraten, and much much more. Check out the full menu at http://www.walburgrestaurant.net/.
2. Make a reservation. – If you decide to attend during Oktoberfest make a reservation on the website. Also, if you want to dine during the biergarten hours make sure you have a reservation. It can get very busy during the biergarten hours.
3. It’s a Pokestop. – If you have kids who play Pokemon Go, Walburg is a Pokestop and you can catch a great deal of Pokemons around the restaurant.
4. Walburg’s closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. – Make sure and give them a call to make sure they are open.
5. Plan your drive accordingly. – Also, if you live in Central Texas or are visiting Central Texas Walburg is close but still a ways out. Be sure and plan accordingly if you are driving in from Austin, it will take about 30-45 minutes.
Dad Tip – They have a ton of beer on tap! German Beer and domestics. The beers change according to the season and they are extremely refreshing. If you have older ones that can entertain themselves you can have a pretty good time out at the biergarten. But if you have little ones that want to get into everything, it might not be the best idea to bring them along. If you are looking to relax and enjoy some beer call up grandma or a babysitter. They do have a traditional kids menu items, like hamburgers and fries so even picky kids can have something to eat.
Where are some places you like to drive out to for food? How far would you drive for food?