Walt Disney World is NOT the only theme park where you can meet Star Wars characters and celebrate the dark side. LEGOLAND Florida each year has LEGO Star Wars Days events that are not to be missed. So, if you have little ones that love LEGO bricks and Star Wars, they are in for a magical weekend.
This exclusive LEGOLAND event begins May 5 and runs for three consecutive weekends (May 5-6, 12-13 & 19-20, 2018). It’s a fun annual park event that families look forward to attending each year. All activities are included with park admission. No extra ticket or Jedi mind tricks required!
We were actually surprised at how many people there were in costume attending. Our boys especially loved meeting and pretend shooting the different Storm Troopers walking around the park. It was also fun seeing other dad’s embracing their inner kid and wearing fun Star Wars inspired tees and gear too.
LEGO Star Wars Days Tip #1:
Be sure and grab the LEGO Star Wars Days Guide at the entrance before going into the park. This is different than the LEGOLAND Florida map. Here you’ll find a schedule of events, shows, photo locations, building areas, dining and shopping exclusive information.
LEGO Star Wars Days Highlights
- Light Sword Churros! This and other Star Wars themed food is available during LEGO Star Wars Days including Blue Rey-Berry Ice Cream and the Rebel Burger. Of course the Churros are the big hit.
- Tour the newest addition to the LEGO Star Wars area in MINILAND USA with a Master Model Builder and learn exclusive model tips and insights.
- Meet and Greet opportunities and character photo spots including the new LEGO Captain Phasma and LEGO Darth Vader.
- Find the missing LEGO lightsabers throughout Imagination Zone for a chance to win LEGO prizes.
- Hands-on building activities. Use The Force and build a Star Wars themed models during the Galaxy Competition Build.
- Snap a photo with the world’s largest LEGO Yoda model, LEGO Chewbacca and LEGO Rey.
- Dress up as your favorite Star Wars character for a chance to win LEGO prizes.
- Shopping: You can purchase exclusive LEGO Star Wars merchandise. This year, they had a Scarif Trooper Minifigure FREE with a $50 LEGO Star Wars purchase The Big Shop.
LEGO Star Wars Days Tip #2:
Plan your schedule around the showtimes. The special LEGO Star Wars movies are especially a must see.
New in 2018 for LEGO Star Wars Days
Unveiled this year, LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Model Display will take its final landing place in the center of LEGOLAND Florida Resort’s outdoor LEGO display area of the theme park – MINILAND. Created by a team of Master Model Builders, the giant display features memorable moments from Episode VII of the popular Star Wars saga enhanced with lights, sound effects and animation. The model addition includes the 16-foot-long Star Destroyer Finalizer, made of more than 350,000 LEGO bricks!
In total the display has six exciting scenes set on the planet of Jakku, from Star Wars: The Force Awakens which include: Kylo Ren’s capture of Poe; Rey’s rescue of BB-8; Poe and Finn’s escape from the Star Destroyer Finalizer; The wreck of Finn and Poe’s TIE Fighter; Rey, Finn and BB-8’s escape from Niima Outpost; and the escape from the Starship Graveyard.