However, another part of you may already be a bit anguished at the thought of this: How will I plan my family’s fall getaways and still make sure my kids are keeping up in the classroom? Do we dare have a child miss class so early in the semester – or do we leave him home and have him miss out on the experience?
That’s the topic of the next #TMOM Twitter party. And in honor of the challenges many military families face year after year, move after move, we’re making it a #MilitaryMonday, too. Parents involved with the military – either as members themselves or as spouses of active duty personnel – are especially familiar with the challenges the return to school can bring.
Miltary TMOM and mother of three Meagan Shamy is all too familiar with these challenges.
“Every time we had to move, it was to a whole new area. Everything was new,” Shamy says. Her family was often placed in TFL (temporary living facilities) while they looked for their next permanent home.
“When your whole family is living in a space for up to three months, you need more than a coffee maker,” she says. “The ideal space would be one where I could make a good breakfast for my kids in the morning and send them to school with a healthy lunch. We needed some place with wifi, laundry, and a fridge.”
Our Twitter party sponsors, TownePlaces Suites, are a home away from home for people like Meagan’s, who need more than a place to shower and store their suitcases. Their suites provide living space for the long haul, a place where those away from home (or looking for a new one) can do homework, relax together, and gather at the table after cooking their evening meal. TownePlaces Suites takes away the challenge of finding a home away from home.
Ready to tackle those back to school challenges? Want to support #MilitaryMonday? Then join #TMOM on Monday, August 31, and share in the strategies – and the fun. We’ll calm any fears about Back to School Travel – and perhaps you’ll be a winner as well!
Drop everything and come party on Monday, August 31.
WHEN: August 31, 9-10 pm ET (8-9 pm CT; 7-8 om MT; 6-7 pm PT)
- @CandyPo: How to Make Back to School an Easy Transition for a Military Child
- @FaithfulMomBlog: Back-To-School For The Military Child
- @FaveMom: Back-to-School Challenges for Military Families
- @TravelNavyWife: Overcoming Back to School Challenges for Military Kids
- @TravelingPraters: Facing Back to School Challenges as a Traveling Family
HOW TO JOIN: Follow the #TMOM and #TMOMMilitary hashtags
PRIZES: $250 TownePlace Suites gift card
HOW TO ENTER: To be eligible, you must:
- RSVP by leaving your Twitter handle in the Gleam widget below – NOT in the comments. (If you aren’t on Twitter, it’s easy—and free—to sign up. Go to www.twitter.com to see how – or just leave your name in the widget)
- Have at least three unique Tweets (other than a RT) on the party from 9-10 pm ET on August 31.
Please! Read all the legal fine print here.
Never joined a Twitter Party? Read all about the fun here: What, Pray Tell, Is A Twitter Party?