We recently returned from Disney World, and as all 21st century families seem to do, we took about 6,000 pictures and videos (slight exaggeration), which we will promptly never look at again! We had actually not been to Disney World as a family before, and surprised our kids with the Disney trip
Our family spent time at the Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Epcot, and here are 9 of the top pictures that really captured the moment. Let’s start off the photos with
- Starting things off was this classic pic of my daughter and I that we took the day before we left for our Disney surprise trip
2. Before we left, I bought some lanyards and 80 Disney pins off of eBay (about $25) and passed them out to the kids. The kids loved finding cast members with pins to trade!
3. Getting 8 people anywhere can be time consuming, and Disney World threw us a few extra wrinkles. So even though we had driven down to Orlando the night before, we still didn’t get into the Magic Kingdom until nearly noon. Right when we started walking down the main street, there was a huge Disney parade that just seemed perfect. And right in the background was Cinderella’s castle, so I hope I don’t have to turn in my man card by saying it got a little “dusty”
4. I watched the Magic Kingdom fireworks and wasn’t super impressed, but I did enjoy the fireworks at Hollywood Studios (themed to Star Wars and set to John Williams music)
5. Speaking of a night-time fireworks show, it gave us the chance to show off one of my top Disney budget tips – buying 25 cent glowsticks at home instead of spending $15 in the park!
6. Who doesn’t love a good Wookiee hug?
7. Or… if the dark side is your thing, maybe looking up at some Stormtroopers?
8. Wait – I thought I had 15 years before I had to worry about her driving!!
9. Someone in our family is not too keen on Kylo Ren – I wonder who…
And as a bonus, I’ll leave you with this fantastic shot of Epcot
Happy Disney travels!