Dart’em Up is Austin’s newest foam dart sports arena and the first of its kind in Texas. Dart’em Up is a 12,500 sq ft facility jam packed full of fun, excitement, and Nerf guns! But before you go check out my 6 Tips for Visiting Dart’em Up.
Dart’em Up Austin, Texas[googlemaps https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m8!1m3!1d13756.336406182663!2d-97.7973963!3d30.4620559!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x0%3A0x872130d73728b326!2sDart’em+Up!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1484925991026&w=600&h=450]
Check out a little video tour of Dart’em Up. Head over to my YouTube Channel to see the video of me and my oldest in a Dad Vs. Son Epic Nerf Battle.
6 Tips For Visiting Dart’em Up
- Bring your own Nerf Gun. If you have your favorite Nerf gun be sure and bring it along. But before you do, head over to the Dart’em Up website to see if you have one of the guns that is not allowed. There are few that Dart’em Up doesn’t allow so be sure and find out if the gun you have is acceptable.
- Leave the bullets at home. Do NOT bring any of your bullets from home. Dart’em Up has a billion bullets at its facility. Maybe not a billion but enough to last you and all the people you come with.
- Sign the waiver online. To save some time. Head over to Dart’em Ups website and sign the waiver online. If you don’t you will have to sign it when you get the facility and they only have 3 stations for waiver signups. Also, if you are heading in for a birthday party or event save a little time and sign the waiver online.
- Listen to all the rules and obey them. Before you get to start shooting and having fun, the staff will take you to the armory. The staff at Dart’em Up will get players equipped up with a gun and bullets. Most importantly the staff will explain the rules. The rules are in place for players safety and refs do enforce them. I got kicked out of a game because I kept taking off my eye protection. Again, it is only for players safety and please listen to refs at all times.
- Get ready to run. You are going to be running and jumping and shooting. Just be ready, it is quite the workout to shoot Nerf guns at kids.
- Have fun. Parents and kids, just have fun! You get to run, play, shoot, and not have to clean up! Also, when playing the refs will have different games to play like capture the flag, one shot you’re out, and much more.
Dart’em Up Facility
I found out the owner of Dart’em Up, who is a super awesome guy by the way, is from the same area of S. Texas where I grew up! Super small world if you ask me. Also, there are two battle room inside Dart’em UP and three private party rooms, complete with big screen TVs. The two battle rooms are named, Zombie Room and Austin Room. Also, each room has painted murals inside them that reflect the name of the room. In addition, the owner Richard is going to be giving back to the community by giving a homeless child a free birthday party at Dart’em Up for every 10 birthday parties he sells.
Also, on some evening they have glow party nights. The staff turns off all the lights and participants get to play under black lights. There is an age limit for glow nights head over to the Dart’em Up website to see if your kiddo can participate.
Have you visited Dart’em Up yet? Is there a place like this where you live?